Black's Medical Dictionary has been the best-selling medical dictionary for over 100 years. It is invaluable as a home reference and for all who need clear explanation of medical terms: nurses, health care professionals, students, health service management, actuaries, lawyers and journalists.
... Раскрыть полное описание
It contains over 5000 definitions and descriptions of medical terms and concepts with over 1000 diagrams, drawings and colour illustrations. It also provides helpful appendices on common medical tests and procedures, travel and health, measurements in medicine, health economics, complementary and alternative medicine, and an address list of supporting professional organisations.
This new edition contains new material on:
- HPV vaccine: the vaccine now given to all young girls to protect against cervical cancer
- Monoclonal Antibodies: the designer' drugs of the future
- The new guidelines for fibroid treatment
- Endoscopy and laparoscopy - the more and more widely used types of keyhole surgery
- Coronary angioplasty: the emergency tretament of heart attacks
- The latest on MRSA and stem cell research